Our goal is to provide and maintain a good physician -patient relationship. Letting you know in advance of our office policy allows for a good flow of communication and enables us to achieve our goal. Please read each section carefully and initial. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask a member of our staff.
- Patient/children are seen only by appointments. Walk-ins disrupt the flow of the practice, and we strongly discourage this. Walk-ins will only be seen if there are openings. Please call to set up an appointment and in most cases we will be able to see your child for illnesses the same day.
- We value the time we have set aside to see and treat your child. Broken appointments represent a cost to our practice and to you as well as other patients, who could have been seen during the appointment time set aside for your child. We do not double book appointments. If you are not able to keep an appointment, we would appreciate 24 hour notice. There is a charge of $25.00 for missed appointments without 24 hour notice.
- If you are late for your appointment (>20 minutes), we will do our best to accommodate you. However, on certain days it may be necessary to reschedule your appointment.
- We strive to minimize any wait time; however, emergencies do occur and will take priority over a scheduled visit. We appreciate your understanding.
- Before making an annual physical appointment, check with your insurance company as to whether the visit will be covered as a healthy (well-child) visit.
- If your child is scheduled for a Well Check-up visit, that visit needs to be focused on child development, readiness or any other aspect of screening measures, etc. If your child is sick, dealing with chronic medical conditions, requesting blood work or further workup for a chronic disease it is at the provider's DISCRETION if your child can be seen for that additional complaint in the allotted time for a Well Check-up visit. If your child is seen for these other complaints, your insurance may be billed for TWO services at that preventive visit, which may cause lack of coverage and responsibility of payment by the financial guarantor. PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS SITUATION and if possible, schedule a subsequent visit to be respectful of the provider's time and other patients who will be seen next. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
- Be prepared to present your insurance card(s) and driver's license, before or after your initial visit and periodically thereafter.